Caring for a loved one with a Chronic Disease can be difficult. Between special appointments, medication management, and lifestyle changes, helping a loved one in need can be a full time job. Harmony Caregiving offers a variety of services to relieve caregivers of some responsibilities of chronic disease management. From Companionship services to appointment accompaniment, Harmony Caregiving will help to create the service package that is the best fit for you and your loved one. We work with you and your loved one to ensure they are receiving the care that they want, on your terms. Your loved one will be matched with a caregiver that has a similar personality and similar interests, ensuring that the time they spend together will be pleasant.
Harmony Caregiving is pleased to offer personalized caregiving services for the following chronic diseases:
- Dementia/Alzheimer’s: Harmony offers services to care for people who are challenged by dementia. We will monitor the clients safety by watching for fall hazards, monitoring their behaviors and actions. We offer many activities to engage their minds (Dementia care kits, arts including multi-sensory boards, and music). Our strategic, individualized care plans are specifically designed to meet the needs of our clients with dementia. We do this to give individuals with dementia a sense of a routine and consistency throughout their day, which is strongly recommended for their well being.
- Multiple Sclerosis: Living with MS means taking life day-by-day. The flexible nature of the care plans offered by Harmony can be there to help you only when you need it. Whether you want us to help with medical appointment accompaniment, or to even just occasionally help around the house, Harmony Caregiving is here for you and your loved ones.
- Parkinson’s Disease: Symptoms for Parkinson’s Disease will vary widely from patient to patient. Parkinson’s disease can reduce your ability to move, which in turn makes simple tasks challenging and time-consuming. Harmony Caregivers have been fully trained to assess each client separately, and provide the individualized care necessary to meet individualized needs such as monitoring symptoms, assisting with medications and keeping the client safe from harm. Your loved one will be more at ease in a familiar environment. Our flexible care plans can be altered as time and the disease progresses.
- Cerebral Palsy: For clients living with Cerebral Palsy, we work to build a sense of routine, especially with our younger clients. We will work with your loved one as well as the primary caregiver to build a care plan that meets the individualized needs of each situation. From assisting with daily personal care or changing of clothes, household chores, or assisting with medication administration or medical appointment accompaniment, rest assured that we have you and your loved one covered.
- Cancer Care /Compromised immune system: We want to help you along your journey. Allow us to come into your home and take care of the chores and cooking so you don’t have to do it. Instead, you and your loved ones can spend quality time focusing on each other while we provide the respite care that is needed, in order to help give you more energy to support your loved ones with their cancer treatments and recovery. Harmony can be there to take your loved one to medical appointments if you cannot be there, advocate on their behalf, help with personal care needs such as bathing and toileting, and offer emotional support when it’s needed. We provide a helping hand when and where it’s needed most.
- Arthritis & Fibromyalgia Care: Although it is possible to live a normal life with Arthritis and Fibromyalgia, some daily tasks, such as cooking, cleaning, and personal hygiene care can become bothersome. Allow us to help you or your loved one with these tasks and use your energy and pain-free days to enjoy the things you like to do.
- Diabetic Care: Whether you or your loved one is newly diagnosed, or have been living with diabetes for decades, Harmony Caregiving has as care plan for you. We provide in-home care, including medication management, wound care, and have our Caregiver prepare healthier meals, and/or our Registered Dietician provide meals which follow diabetic guidelines. Our Caregivers are Certified to monitor glucose testing, symptom management, and our Master Pedicurist is specialized in providing specialized diabetic/complex pedicures with reflexology.
- COPD /Lung Disease: COPD can be partially managed by maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Our caregivers at Harmony Caregiving can help to encourage your loved one to maintain a healthy lifestyle. We will help to create healthy meal plans, aid with medication administration and medical appointment accompaniment, and help to maintain a clean environment. Our caregivers are also trained to help with oxygen, and to monitor any changes in our clients that may indicate a worsening condition.
- Stroke /Heart Disease: Our caregivers can be there to help your loved one recover from a stroke or heart attack. We help to ensure all medications are taken properly, and accompany your loved one to any medical appointments. Our Certified Health Care Aides will work in conjunction with your loved ones Physiotherapist, Speech Pathologist and/or any other medical professionals working with your loved one, in order to provide the continuity-in-care, which we believe increases the likelihood of a speedy recovery.
- Long /Short Term Disability: Whether your loved one is suffering from a short-term disability, such as chronic pain following an accident or surgery, or a long-term disability, such as paralysis, our flexible care plans will provide you and your loved one the help you require.
- Children with Developmental Disease, chronic illness and/or special needs requiring companionship: Caring for a child with special needs can be very stressful for a parent. You don’t have to do it alone. Many parents forget that they also need to take care of themselves. Harmony can help to alleviate some of the stress by taking care of some of the chores and other responsibilities and giving you more time to enjoy the fun activities you enjoy
Chronic disease management doesn’t have to be as challenging as it is. Our holistic approach to home care helps our clients to ease the symptoms of the disease by providing the personal care that is needed, the emotional support that is quite often not discussed, and our care team provides support to the family caregivers, friends and neighbors who may feel exhausted, or experiencing what is known as caregiver burnout. By providing the respite/support to the family caregivers and providing certified Health Care Aides to focus on the symptoms of the chronic disease by implementing care that is gentle, compassionate and all-encompassing physically, emotionally and spiritually.