Assisted Living Alternative in Edmonton, Alberta
Are you growing concerned for your elderly loved one? Are they having more difficulty completing daily activities? Experiencing memory problems? Feeling withdrawn or lonely? If you have any of these concerns, know that you do have a cost effective alternative to assisted living with senior home care.
Some adults dread the inevitability of growing older. Others invite the journey. Either way, aging comes with its challenges. There are those that may encounter more cognitive problems, unable to remember appointments, struggling to process information. Others may experience health problems and become more isolated from the community and loved ones. As friends and family of aging seniors, it can be hard to watch their decline. The truth is that you directly providing your loved one care can be time-consuming and stressful, especially when it comes to meeting al of their needs. Also, keeping your loved one safe at home is an additional challenge that you may face. We pride ourselves on helping families during these tough circumstances. One of our skilled and compassionate companion caregivers may help to ease some of your stress and give you back some of your time. You do not have to be overwhelmed and alone in caring for your aging loved one.
Our company is a distinguished and trusted provider of companion caregiver services in the Edmonton area. We offer families professional, non-medical in-home supportive services that align with your loved one’s distinctive needs. Our senior companions are kindhearted, talented and reliable. In aiming to provide your loved one the most individualized, authentic experience, we take care to hire elderly companion helpers that are not only skilled caregivers but who also have benevolent hearts. Whether preparing a meal or encouraging daily exercise, each companion caregiver zealously provides the appropriate amount of assistance according to your expressed requirements.
We also aim to build trustworthy personal connections with your loved one by encouraging collaboration, not dependence. Each senior companion will motivate your loved one to maintain as much of their independence as possible. With a personal companion caregiver, your loved one will thrive. Each caregiver sincerely enjoys their work and are eager to help enhance your loved one’s quality of life. We keep aging adults engaged and empowered during the latter years of their lives. In our care, your loved one will age with dignity, feeling considered and respected in all aspects of their care.
Furthermore, our company knows that scheduling conflicts can be an additional burden, so we are flexible. At your request, a trustworthy companion can provide services up to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. No matter the amount of help you require, we are ready and willing to meet your unique needs.
Our Senior Home Care Services Include:
- Compassionate compatible companionship and emotional support
- Daily check-in and phone call service
- Plan and prepare meals that meet dietary needs
- Light housekeeping, grocery shopping, pet care, and errands
- Arrange and accompany to and from medical appointments
- Medication reminders
- Ensure a safe home environment (For example: removing trip and fall hazards)
- Accompany on recreational activities such as walks, gym exercise and travel
- Inspire healing of the mind with activities that stimulate creativity and cognitive function such as reading, games and crafts
- Encourage socialization by keeping loved one connected to family, friends and the community
- Help filing paperwork, reading emails and organizing other documents
Why Use Our Services As An Assisted Living Alternative
According to the Senior Advisory Council of Alberta, as of March 2015 the population of seniors in Alberta reached 500,000 and is expected to grow steadily, reaching nearly 1 million by the year 2032. Although many seniors are living healthier and more active lives, many older adults still need assistance completing certain tasks that may become a challenge or unsafe, such as driving. Help with such tasks usually comes from willing family and friends; however, whether you provide a little or a substantial amount of assistance, the demands of caring for an elderly loved one can be overwhelming. Not to mention, feelings of guilt, worry and doubt can make asking for assistance a difficult decision. We are here to support you through this transition. Each senior companion goes through a rigorous selection process to ensure that you are connected with a companion that meets your specific needs, and genuinely cares for the contentment, safety, and well-being of your loved one.
The Senior Advisory Council of Alberta also reported that an overwhelming number of seniors felt that it is important to age in their own homes versus relocating to an assisted living facility. Seniors feel that with access to resources that will help them to maintain their homes, they can age comfortably in their own space, without becoming isolated from friends and family. Our mission is to help seniors reach this goal. With assistance from a qualified senior companion, your loved one can stay in their own home, and families can be relieved of the worry and fear of a loved one being unsafe and alone. We can help you whether it is for a few hours a week or daily.
Benefits of Our Senior Home Care Services
Below is a summary of the benefits of our services:
Benefits of Senior Home Care for Senior
- Companion and friend to talk and share stories with
- Avoid isolation and depression
- Age comfortably in your own home
- Maintain independence and sense of competence
- Proactively combat the effects of dementia by engaging in activities that support healthy cognitive function
- Safety in the home with help to perform tasks
- Assistance with daily activities such as errands, cooking and housework
Benefits of Senior Home Carefor family and friends
- Relief from the pressures of providing care
- Peace of mind while traveling or working
- A solution for long-distance relatives who are unable to visit frequently
- Avoid the burden and emotional cost of relocating loved one into assisted living
- More time to attend to personal need and other family responsibilities
Contact us to today to learn about your options before making a final decision. We can help provide you all of the information to make a well-informed decision. Although most elderly parents want to stay at home as they age you have to be up-to-date on their requirements and care needs to make the best decision. A sound alternative to having your loved ones stay in an assisted living facility is possible with senior home care services. Contact Harmony Caregiving to learn more about our senior home care and companion caregiver services and how we can help your elderly loved one.