What is Senior Essential Care Plus?
Senior Essential Care Plus is our second level of care; it includes the Essential Care services and involves a Certified Health Care Aide working with your loved one. We help your family member to heal comfortably in their home for as long as it is safe for them to do so. In addition to ensuring the home is their haven, we are mindful to the fact that fresh air, exercise and balanced meals are also absolutely essential to the concept of supported healing.
Your loved one is fully supported through the following chronic health conditions: Chronic disease management includes the following, but is not limited to;
- Children with Chronic Illness and/or Special Needs requiring Companionship.
- Cancer Care /Compromised immune system
- Arthritis Care
- Diabetes Care
- COPD /Lung Disease
- Stroke /Heart Disease
- Long/Term Short Term Disability
- Hospital Discharge Coordination
- After Surgery Care
- Live-In Caregiving 24 Hours If Needed
- Developmental Disabilities
Essential Care Plus consists of professional assistance with the following daily living activities:
- Personal Care: Bathing, Grooming, Dressing & Toileting – Using bathing equipment and implementing safe bathroom practices
- Supporting proper eating habits
- Providing assistance with self-administered medications or reminding client to take medications and/or placing medication within reach of the client
- Promote clients to perform normal body movements & encouraging clients to follow prescribed exercise programs
- Assisting with dressing including non-prescription compression stockings & weather appropriate clothing selection
- Personal Hygiene such as; shaving/trimming: makeup application: hair brushing, shampooing/styling: maintaining nail regimen: dental care/hygiene: skin care- washing, drying, applying non-prescription body lotions or creams, observing skin changes.
- Providing healthy choices for diabetes care
- Assisting with incontinence care, monitoring bowel regularity, managing urinary collecting devices, including catheter bags/supra-pubic bags and providing colostomy care
- Assisting with prosthetics: applying/removing/cleaning hearing aids and limbs
- Transferring/positioning in bed, wheelchair, toilet and other chairs & assisting with positioning cradles, rolls and pillows
Hospital Admittance/Discharge Coordination – We support our clients with moving to and from the hospital; picking up prescriptions, driving back from hospital and ensuring you are safe and settled in home.