Careers in Harmony
Do you want to be part of a “working family” that provides outstanding holistic care to their clients, believes in wholehearted caregiving, and has a real desire to make a difference in people’s lives?
If you are a compassionate, fun-loving, sincere, and dedicated individual who believes in the philosophy of healing in body, mind and spirit then, Harmony Caregiving is the place for you to let your light shine and brighten the lives of others with your care.
At Harmony, we believe strongly in a work/life balance and encourage our caregivers to care for themselves fully, so that they can provide the highest level of care to our clients.
We are looking for Health Care Aides, Companions, Licensed Practical Nurses, Massage Therapists, Reflexologists and Practitioners of all modalities. Professionals who have a background in Palliative Care, Cancer Care and/or have experience with seniors and children who live with a chronic illness. Must have CPR/First Aid Certification.
Compassionate Health Care Aides & Companions needed
Harmony Caregiving Inc. is a unique home care company that is looking for Health Care Aides and Caregivers to serve our clients in the Edmonton, St. Albert and Sherwood Park areas.
Harmony Caregiving provides a wide variety of home care services that allow people to remain in their homes for as long as they choose to, and can do so safely. We help our clients meet their challenges of daily living with dignity, compassion and a feeling of independence.
Are you a caring, compassionate individual that enjoys working with people; then we want to talk with you. We are seeking people who have a strong work ethic, and a real passion for helping others. Harmony Caregiving is looking for Health Care Aides and Companions to provide care for the whole person in body, mind and spirit. Our clients are not their health care number, they are people.
You will be required to work in our client’s homes. We provide family caregiver relief or respite, companionship, assisting with our clients personal care needs, preparing healthy meals, gardening, light housekeeping and more. Having access to a vehicle is an asset, but not necessary.
If your experience comes from working with persons challenged by a chronic illness, persons living with a disability, aging seniors or palliative care, Harmony Caregiving is the company for you.
We offer competitive wages, a harmonizing workplace, and flexible hours that suit your lifestyle. Please upload your resume along with your cover letter stating salary expectations, your availability and what makes you the perfect candidate for our harmonious family of caregivers.
Health Care Aides must have up to date Health Care Aide Certification, First Aid/CPR, Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sectors Reports and experience working with clients in some capacity.
Health Care Aide’s provide service to individuals in their own homes and communities, who need assistance caring for themselves as a result of aging, sickness, disability and/or other health challenges. Personal Care may include assistance with the activities of daily living, housecleaning, laundry, meal preparation, transportation, companionship, and respite.
Health Care Aide’s are responsible for ensuring that service is delivered in a caring and respectful manner, in accordance with relevant Agency policies and industry standards.
Reports to the Director of Client Services
Assist with the activities of daily living and personal care including:
bathing – shaving – ambulation – mouth care – dressing – exercise – hair care – eating – toileting – nail care – positioning – medication reminding – skin care – transferring
- Ensure client’s safety and security by supervising the home environment.
- Teach/perform meal planning and preparation, routine housekeeping activities such as making/changing beds, dusting, vacuuming, washing floors, cleaning kitchen and bathroom, and laundry.
- Provide companionship including social interactions, conversations, emotional reassurance and encouragement of activities that stimulate the mind.
- Provides respite care for families in accordance with care plans.
- Perform/assist with essential shopping/errands, which may include handling the client’s money in accordance with the care plan and under the observation of the Manager.
- Assist clients with following a written, special diet plan and reinforcement of diet maintenance, which is provided under the direction of a Physician and as identified on the care plan.
- Escort clients to medical facilities, errands, shopping and outings as specified in the care plan.
- Assist clients with communication by writing or typing correspondence for them or researching information for them.
- Participate on the care team by providing input and making suggestions.
- Ensure service is delivered in accordance with all relevant policies, procedures and practices.
- Monitor supplies and resources.
- Evaluate the program and make recommendations to it, as indicated.
- Follow the written care plan.
- Carry out duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Observe clients and their environments and reports unsafe conditions to Manager.
- Observe clients and their environments and reports behaviour, physical and/or cognitive changes and/or changes in living arrangements to Manager.
- Complete and maintain records of daily activities, observations, and direct hours of service.
- Attend orientation, in-service training sessions and staff meetings.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Make decisions and solve problems.
- Communicate with Manager and co-workers.
- Observe, receive and obtain information from relevant sources.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Knowledge of personal care and home management skills.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing client and personal care services, including needs determinants, meeting quality standards and evaluation of client satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the English language written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat injuries including emergency First Aid and CPR.
- Knowledge of clerical procedures such as maintaining records and completing forms.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Competently assist clients with their activities of daily living.
- Be aware of other people’s reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Establish and maintain relationships.
- Teach others.
- Listen actively.
- Identify problems and determine effective solutions.
- Apply reason and logic to identify strengths and weaknesses of possible solutions.
- Monitor and assess themselves, clients and effectiveness of service.
- Understand written and oral instructions.
- Communicate information orally so others understand.
- Communicate in writing so others understand.
- Work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Determine or recognize when something is likely to go wrong.
- Suggest a number of ideas on a subject.
- Perform activities that use the whole body.
- Handle and move objects and people.
- Provide advice and consultation to others.
- Observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Establish and maintain harmonious relations with clients/families/co-workers.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Good physical and mental health.
- Physical ability to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear and see.
- Mental fortitude and stability to handle stress.
- Physical and mental ability to drive a vehicle.
- Health Care Aide Certification
- Current driver’s license an asset, but not a requirement.
- Proper Vehicle Insurance Coverage.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Requires related experience. On the job training will be provided for new activities.